JIRA (4.4.5) RSS and HTML gadgets

Royce Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2013

Is there gadget/s for JIRA (4.4.5) that can:

• display RSS feed
  • display/include a html page on another web site?

Thanks.

4 answers

0 votes
BTLife May 11, 2016

Confluence can help you do this.

Create your content in Confuence using the RSS Feed macro and /or  iFrame Macro

Once you have it displaying how you want it, add the Confluence Page Content JIRA gadget to your JIRA dashboard and have it display the page you created in Confluence.

0 votes
Jacob Farber May 15, 2014

I would also like to know if any of you have found a solution to this. Seems like such a simple gadget idea.

0 votes
chefkoch June 24, 2013

Same here. Also looking for a gadget to integrate external RSS feeds into JIRA dashboard.

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2013

Hi Royce,

In order to display the RSS feed, you should be able to view it via the Activity Stream.

As for displaying a html page on another web site, may I know what you meant by this? Did you mean that you would like to include a web page in your JIRA? If not, could you clarify further?

Cheers,

Joe

Royce Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2013

Joe,

I just tried the RSS feed, but it can't dispaly a RSS feed from outside JIRA, yes? I want diplay RSS feed from an external site, for example, blog post from Confluence.

Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2013

Regarding the RSS feeds from Confluence, I believe that you would have to create an application link between JIRA and Confluence first. May I know if you have done so? This is because the activity stream should be able to retrieve activities from Confluence as well (once Confluence and JIRA has been linked together).

As for including flash, videos and the like in your JIRA, currently it's not possible. However, I did come across a similar Answers post that could help you : https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/59738/is-there-a-way-to-embed-a-video-link-in-jira

Royce Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2013

Hi

I gave a bad example. I want to display RSS feed from any sites, not just from confluence. Idea?

Thanks for the reference to https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/59738/is-there-a-way-to-embed-a-video-link-in-jira, I actually just tried putting embed html of a YouTube video inside the Text gadget and it worked!!! Very simple.

RS April 4, 2013

I've been trying to find a way to do this as well. How can I add "ANY" RSS feed to my JIRA dashboard? For example, after posting a question to this Answer board, I would like to see the feed on the admin dashboard I use in JIRA.

Suggest an answer