JIRA 4.2 User's Dashboard is Blank

Cameron Jezorek October 3, 2011

My user has been using Safari consitantly for months, last week her dashboard blanked out and we can;t get it to dislay anything anymore.

She did not upgrade Safari prior to the issue but has done so since. She also has stated 'I have no ability to edit my Filter Results gadget. Last week I hit "submit" or "save" on my changes, and nothing would happen. This week, I hit "edit" from the dropdown tab, and nothing happens at all.'

Any ideas?

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cameron Jezorek October 4, 2011

So it appears the problem is Safari related. our 'Mac Guy' says removing and reinstalling is very invasive but he 'reset' safari and the problem went away... for a few minutes. Apparently after a few clicks it came back so she reset again.

Now the issue seems to be getting the 'Mac Guy' to get that that is not really a solution....

0 votes
Oliver Wahler January 16, 2012

Some of our Mac users are currently facing the issue of blank dashboard gadgets frequently on our 4.3 installation. Sometimes with a "Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset." mesage in the dashboard space, sometimes just blank.

Did you further investigate this issue and find a root cause for it meanwhile?

Thanks, Oliver

Cameron Jezorek January 16, 2012

Sorry no - we never found an exact cause or answer.

We had a few other errors and our netwrok admin made some changes, after one of those changes it started to work... We aren't sure which change - which is why I left the question open, hoping for more info in case we hit it again :(

Oliver Wahler January 16, 2012

Hi Cameron,

Thanks for your quick reply (which I for whatever reason can't actually see in this discussion, but which I received via email notification).

However, do you remember any of the changes your network admin made?

Was it to the network, in which the JIRA server is located or the network over which clients access the server (if that diff related ers in your setup)?

Sorry for pushing back, but currently we don't know, what to look at. Any hint is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Oliver

checking with my admin... will get back to you, soon hopefully.

Oliver,

Sorry, I have checked all my notes and so has our Admin the only thing we can find is that I requested a restart... no idea what we did other than that :(

Sorry.

Oliver Wahler January 17, 2012

You are awesome. Thanks for looking into it.

Let's see, if someone else has an idea ...

Thanks a lot for looking into it.

--

Oliver

0 votes
Jon Sword
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2011

I saw something similar the other day. I simply removed the offending gadget and added it again. I would suggest creating a new (blank) dashboard and trying to add the gadgets again.

An alternate question, can she view shared dashboards or is it just hers?

Cameron Jezorek October 4, 2011

I will have her check this as well...

She has access to a few shared dashboards but when the issue is occuring she can't see anything on any of them.

0 votes

She is on a MAC.

Ok I admit it - I am not a MAC user and know very little about them and to top things off our tech department isn't much more help (only a few macs in the building) - how big a job are we talking about in 'removing safari from her mac and then reinstall it'?

0 votes
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2011

So you know that its not Safari in general, and you know that its not her account. Personally I think that her safari insall is 'corrupted' or in some other way messed up. I would suggest that she completely remove safari from her mac and then reinstall it, and see if that fixes the problem.

(She's not running safari on a windows box is she?)

0 votes

It displays correctly in FF and if she logs into another computer and uses safari it works. Checking now to see if other users on her machine have the issue.

0 votes
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2011

does it display correctly for her in another browser on her computer? If she logs into safari with her account, on a different computer does it work? If someone else logs into their account using her safari browser does it display correctly?

this will help to narrow down where the problem may be, ie: her account, her browser, her computer?

Suggest an answer