JIRA 3.13 SOAP services

Emeric Heneffe October 14, 2019

Dear Community,

We have a very old JIRA (Enterprise Edition, Version: 3.13.1-#333). I would like to call the SOAP services from WSDL XX/rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2?wsdl using SoapUi to first test it, then JAVA API.

However, I am not able to authenticate. I am trying with SOAP Basic authentication username/password but get the following exception: 

JIRA SoapUI.png

Could you please help me to use the SOAP API?

Then, how can I do the same using JAVA code? I don't find any Maven dependency for this and not able to find any documentation.

Thanks,
Emeric

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2019

Most of the resources for the SOAP API for Jira wound down a long time ago, but there are still some.

https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/creating-a-jira-soap-client-4227095/ may be a good start for you, as it's got authentication and Java to do it with!

I would be remiss if I did not mention that you should really upgrade and move to using REST - Jira 3 is not secure, will not be patched and should not be exposed to the internet!

Emeric Heneffe October 15, 2019

Hi Nic,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the URL you gave returns a 404.

In the meantime, I succeeded to use the API. You have first to run the login method that returns a token and gives this token to the other API you call.

I am doing it in JAVA but still have some issues with this old stack.

In any case, I agree on your last comment, but it is a technical constraint that I cannot overcome.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2019

Sorry, could you try the url again?  The Lithium platform has this horrid bug where it adds junk to urls for no good reason, and it did it with my answer.  I think I've fixed it now!

Suggest an answer