JIRA 101 link on introduction gadget not working

Palka Mistry November 4, 2012

Hi

On my dashboard, i have the Introduction gadget which has helpful links to support documentation.

This link does not work currently and when clicked says the page has been deleted.

Please can someone help with this?

Thanks

Palka

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2012

Jira studio is being phased out for the OnDemand environment. It is my guess that this url should be your replacement.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+101

Palka Mistry November 5, 2012

Thanks Norman

If JIRA studio is being phased out, how would I have got access to this information, especially if I'm an administrator and need to configure the system? Or if a user wants to access some 'how to' instructions'?

Thank you for the link by the way it was exactly what I'm after

regards

Palka

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2012

Some email address is getting your notices. I would figure that out first, since somebody is responsible for renewing your licenses (hopefully). Otherwise, you got your work cut out to figure out what is going on.

Also, if you did look at the url sooner, you might have seen this page where the deprecation notice was included.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRASTUDIO/JIRA+Studio+101

It is unclear if you are self hosted or not. If you are not self hosted, I would highly recommend reading the FAQ since you are moving over to OnDemand.

If all else fails search for your answer.

0 votes
Palka Mistry November 5, 2012

I can't seem to upload a word document displaying the screenshot, the attachment doesn't work!

0 votes
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2012

Perhaps a screenshot of the problem?

0 votes
Jon Sword
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2012

What version of JIRA are you using?
What is the link?

0 votes
Palka Mistry November 4, 2012

I'm referring to the default introduction text when I've installed JIRA.

i've copied the link and search atlassian but couldn't find the link to all the articles.

I think this must done at Atlassian's end because I have no way gettting to the administrators or users guides?

Help

0 votes
Jon Sword
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2012

Are you referring to the default introduction text when you install JIRA or has it been customized?
Is it pointing to Atlassian Documentation or something internal?

I would copy the link location, paste it elsewhere. Copy the URL from a browser displaying the current page and compare them... maybe it is a typo?

Maybe the page has been removed... can you search the website and find a different version of it?

Suggest an answer