JETI not sending e-mail notifications to non-JIRA users after initial "issue created" notification.

Nayax Admin August 16, 2014

Hi all,

I'm in search for a solution to a strange problem.

I've been using JETI quite successfully on a project for a while.

Non-JIRA users can e-mail an issue to a handled e-mail address, a new task is automatically created, and assigned, and a "issue created" e-mail notification is sent out to the non-JIRA user.

Notifictions are also sent out to the non-JIRA user when this new task is updated/commented/resolved/closed.

Recently, I've tried duplicating this same JETI configuration to a new project.

Again, when non-JIRA users e-mail a handled address, a new task is created, and assigned, and an e-mail notification is sent out the to the non-JIRA user.

My problem is that no other e-mail notification are being sent out to the non-JIRA user.

Could you please try to point me in a few constructive directions ?

Thanks !

5 answers

0 votes
Nathan Given January 22, 2015

Okay, I ended up getting this working by:

1. Created a simple email template based off of another one
  2. Setup a mail context ( /secure/admin/jeti/jetiProjects.jspa ) and I configured it to apply to every issue
    1. Had the mail context use my template
  3. Created a mail handler and applied it to my project (and every issue type)
  4. Created a notification template
    1. And I added events to the notification template

Wow... unfortunately this feels really confusing and I can't explain why it is working, however, it is working for me...

0 votes
Nathan Given January 22, 2015

I hate saying "Me too", but yes: I don't know how to configure this and I'm trying to get it to work (after initial issue creation, I want to send emails when the issue is updated)

0 votes
Ola Lidmark Eriksson January 19, 2015

Me too

0 votes
Татьяна Кудрявцева November 16, 2014

I also have the same problem

0 votes
proton September 18, 2014

were you able to solve your problem ..?? I'm also facing the same problem

Suggest an answer