JETI not sending e-mail notifications to non-JIRA users after initial "issue created" notification.

Hi all,

I'm in search for a solution to a strange problem.

I've been using JETI quite successfully on a project for a while.

Non-JIRA users can e-mail an issue to a handled e-mail address, a new task is automatically created, and assigned, and a "issue created" e-mail notification is sent out to the non-JIRA user.

Notifictions are also sent out to the non-JIRA user when this new task is updated/commented/resolved/closed.

Recently, I've tried duplicating this same JETI configuration to a new project.

Again, when non-JIRA users e-mail a handled address, a new task is created, and assigned, and an e-mail notification is sent out the to the non-JIRA user.

My problem is that no other e-mail notification are being sent out to the non-JIRA user.

Could you please try to point me in a few constructive directions ?

Thanks !

5 answers

were you able to solve your problem ..?? I'm also facing the same problem

I also have the same problem

I hate saying "Me too", but yes: I don't know how to configure this and I'm trying to get it to work (after initial issue creation, I want to send emails when the issue is updated)

Okay, I ended up getting this working by:

1. Created a simple email template based off of another one
  2. Setup a mail context ( /secure/admin/jeti/jetiProjects.jspa ) and I configured it to apply to every issue
    1. Had the mail context use my template
  3. Created a mail handler and applied it to my project (and every issue type)
  4. Created a notification template
    1. And I added events to the notification template

Wow... unfortunately this feels really confusing and I can't explain why it is working, however, it is working for me...

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

25,351 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you