JETI and Email Processing

Sam Benacquista August 31, 2017

I'm using JIRA Email This Issue add-on with JIRA Service Desk.

When tickets are being emailed in by customers, the formatting is weird. If a URL or email address is detected in the email, it inserts numbers, a few dashes in the ticket, and then the email/website at the bottom of it.

Is there a way to remove this completely?

jetiprocessing.png

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2017

Hi Samantha,

Does it matter which email client the user writes in from?

Can you let me know which clients and versions you've been able to replicate this in?

Is the content in the ticket not from the customer's email signature?

Thank you for your help!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Sam Benacquista September 15, 2017

Hi Shannon,

I think it is coming from JIRA Email This Issue (add-on) - the way it is configured. All our users have Outlook 2016 - so I'm not sure how it behaves with other clients.

The dashes are not part of the user's signature.

Thanks!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2017

Thanks, Samantha,

So if you don't use the JETI add-on you don't have the issue?

I've added the tags for the add-on so perhaps the team that produces it will be able to help us here, but they also have a Support Portal where another user might have reported the same issue. I didn't find anything off-hand but you're welcome to take a look.

Otherwise, we might need to wait to see if they respond on here and let us know if it's a known issue with Outlook.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer