JETI - Notifications not sent on create issue

Gregory Demotchkine December 22, 2013

Jira version: 6.0.8

Jeti version : 5.3.2.1

I have configured JETI with a creat issue template and and a notification scheme that should sent a notification with this template when an issue has been created. I've tested the notification using Test and it works, but it's not sending anything on issue creation, unless I activate the the standard jira notificaitons in the project, but that ends up sending twice the notification, once using JETI and another using the standard jira notifications

2 answers

0 votes
Greg Hoggarth March 12, 2014

Really? That seems very bizarre. JETI has this whole system of events and contexts, very similar to the Notification scheme in Jira. But then to actually get it to send emails, you have to manually edit every single transition to have a post function to send an email?

Jira's standard notification is so much better.

0 votes
Michael Simon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2013

Inside your JETI notifications you created an event. Now from your workflow trigger this even in the post functions. Function type "Email This Issue". It will list the events you created. Works like a charm. Make sure your default notification scheme doesn't have a trigger for this event type.

Suggest an answer