JETI: How can I set the sender email address so that a reply to an email gets back into JIRA as a comment to a ticket?

Jack Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2016

According to the JETI documentation it looks like one can set the sender email address and it refers to the email options in the Configuration. But I don't see anything but checkboxes that don't seem to indicate a sender address other than the assignee. Is there a way to set the sender to be the same address used in configuring a JIRA incoming mail handler? JETI has an article identifying a way to configure it as a help ticket system by defining an incoming mail handler. I followed those directions with JIRA 7.x but if I reply as a patron it fails as the JIRA outgoing mail settings are used and those are not similar to the incoming email account being used for the help ticket project.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 21, 2016

Hi Jack,

Please open the Contexts section of the JETI Admin screen.

Add/Edit the context of your projects and enter the sender address in the From Address field.

See the description of the Contexts here: https://www.meta-inf.hu/display/PLUG/Contexts

Regards,
Tibor 

Jack Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2016

Thank you Tibor. I've just updated and tested this and it works exactly as I would expect. Much appreciated.

Suggest an answer