JETI Feature Request: Context Schemes

Philipp Thom March 23, 2015

I'm configuring JETI for a big JIRA instance. And I'm facing, that there is a big time wasting thing in configuring JETI, when setting up a Combination of Issue Type, Notification Type and email template.

My Case:

1. Notification Scheme must be submitted for many projects of the same kind. Now and in the Future.

2. It should be simple and fast

Now my proposal is to have Context Schemes

I hope for you will consider this in future release!

Regards

1 answer

1 vote
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 23, 2015

Hi Philipp,

What you can do now:

If you leave Project empty in a Context, then the Context will apply to all projects.

Likewise, if you leave type empty, the Context will apply to all types.

This means that varying project and type, you can make Contexts cover one or all project(s) and one or all type(s).

What we are working on (and this may be better suited for you)

is this issue: https://metainf.atlassian.net/browse/JETI-186

It will allow you to use JQL to to specify the scope of a Context. You'll be able to do something like

"project in (P1, P2, P3) AND type in (T1, T2) AND priority = Critical"

or do something more complex:

"((project in (P1, P2) AND type in (T1, T2)) OR (project in (P3, P4) AND type in (T3, T4, T5))) AND priority = Critical"

This means that using JQL you'll be able to define a Context and apply it multiple projects and/or types. 

We have already released a version where you can add multiple event notificatios in a notificaiton template with different JQLs to better target your notifications.

Now this kind of targetting is coming to Contexts using JQL.

Tibor

Suggest an answer