JETI: Emails are not in the log

Bruce Schlueter December 21, 2016

Hi all,

we are experiencing a strange behaviour with JETI. If we look into the Email tab (Email Audit Log) we see all outgoing mails but only a few incoming mails. I cannot see any hints on why this is so. This happens also in one issue where the reporter stays the same. Any ideas what may be the reason?

All mails do appear as comments, but we would like to see all mails on the tab as it makes things easier.

Regards, Bruce

1 answer

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 22, 2016

Hi Bruce,

Are you sure that all the comments were added via email?

Can you see any related errors in the logs?

Can you please open the JETI handler and check if there is a red counter? this is an error indicatator. See details here: [https://www.meta-inf.hu/x/wYFRAg]

Regards,

Tibor

Bruce Schlueter December 22, 2016

Hi Tibor,

1. yes all are emails as this is the main way we correspond with customers and they use mail for their responce
  2. I looked at the JETI logs but I only have a few messages from when we went live with the system. These entries where due to permission problems. For that reason we have set JIRA Admin as Default Reporter. But still some mails come with the original sender and some with JIRA Admin.
    I am not sure if that relates because the behavior occurs of this.
  3. In the log I only see the same as what is displayed to the user. The mails are missing there also.

Perhaps another info, we have only set up a mail handler for Incoming mail in JIRA not in the service desk. The Jeti Mail Handler then uses this. Should we change this? And only use the mail handler inside the Service Desk? But I believe I then could not choose the mail handler inside the Jeti configuration.

Regards, Bruce

Stephane Genin February 12, 2018

Hi Tibor and Bruce

I experience the same issue.

I have 2 JETI incoming mail handlers. For the first one, logs are filled when an incoming mail is processed. For the second one, the mail is processes, a comment is set on the issue, but I can't see anything in the logs nor in the Mail tab of the issue.

Thanks

Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 12, 2018

Hi Stefanie,

Please make sure that you have a Mail Handler Context for both Email This Issue Mail Handlers. It is important that Mail Handler Contexts cover your projects and issue types for which you process emails.

Regards,

Tibor

Stephane Genin February 12, 2018

Hi Tibor.

Thanks! I had a context, but badly configured. The Jira Handler is configured to create a bug in project A by default. I configured my context for project A and issue type bug.

In my case, the mail was related to an existing Enhancement. 

So I removed the issue type in the context and now it's OK.

Thanks again

Stéphane

Suggest an answer