JETI: Automatic reply to new mail if issue is closed

Bruce Schlueter December 20, 2016

Hi all,

we are using JETI together with JIRA Service Desk and we have decided that closed issues stay closed. The point now is that we would like to automatically send a reply to inform customers to open a new issue. Is this possible in any way? Could I do this with a new Mail handler or context?

Regards, Bruce

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 20, 2016

Hi Bruce,

Is it not possible to automatically create a new issue if the related issue is Closed?

This way closed issues remain closed and a new issue is automatically created for the customers from the email.

If this is fine, you can achieve this with entering a JQL criteria in the JETI handler's Comment Criteria field.

Comment Criteria is a JQL condition. If the issue matches, a comment will be added, otherwise a new issue is created.

JQL could be something like: status != Closed

Optionally, you can link the new issue to the old one by selecting a link type in the handler.

Regards,

Tibor

0 votes
Bruce Schlueter December 20, 2016

Hi Tibor,

thanks for your idea but I am not sure that I can follow what you mean. Right now we use the strategy "Create or Comment Issues". I would need to change this to "Service Desk: Create or Comment Customer Requests" and then add a criteria and link the issue?

That would be fine also.

Thanks, Bruce

Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 21, 2016

Hi Bruce,

I you want to use Create Or Comment then please change it to Create Or Comment Or Link processing strategy in the JETI handler.

If you need Service Desk support, change it to Service Desk Processing strategy.

Both SD Processing and Create Or Comment Or Link supports the functionality I proposed in my answer.

Regards,

Tibor

Suggest an answer