JEMH on Jira 7.0.4 pull email taking very long time

CST JIRA Confluence Admin August 7, 2016

Currently, we are using JIRA 7.0.4 and JEMH v1.8.41. The problem here is it takes very long time for creating a new issue. For instance: I sent an email to IMAP (port 143) mailbox at 08:00 but JIRA creates the issue at 08:40. The interval of Mail handler in Services is "Every 1 minute". Please show me how to fix this issue. I enable debug log of JEMH but it didn't have any valuable logs to investigate the root cause.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Brook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2016

Hello,

What you describe is a well known phenomena of sending very large emails (attachments) and IMAP.  If you perform tests with 500K, 1MB, 2MB, 4MB, 8MB you'll see what I mean.

> Please show me how to fix this issue

Don't use IMAP, use POP, which will download the entire email including large attachments in one hit, POP will outperform IMAP every time in this case (actually, in all cases).

CST JIRA Confluence Admin August 8, 2016

Hi Andy Brook,

The size of the email is small and also it doesn't have the attachment to it. Currently, I've tried to use IMAP and IMAPS but still have the same issue. Let me try to work with POP/POPS.

Andy Brook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2016

I see you've logged a support ticket @ https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/browse/JEMH-4808  I wont duplicate further here wink

Suggest an answer