JEMH not always sending email

William Wynn December 10, 2013

We have JEMH set up to send emails to non-jira users who have their emails on the issue whenever we (Jira users) make a comment.

It seems as though JEMH only sends out an email to the non-jira user if the issue's "Reporter" is the special JEMH user we setup to automatically create incomming cases via email.

Is this the case? Is there a way to have JEMH send out emails to non-jira users even if it's an issue I created manually myself and added their email addresses to?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2013

Hi William,

The reason this happens is that JEMH fires a custom event after its issue creation is complete, the ISSUE_CREATED event is ignored as when it fires, the custom fields contain no email addresses to notify. So, when a JIRA interactive user creates an issue the ISSUE_CREATED event fires (which JEMH Event Listener isnt looking for) so it doesnt notify.

Really, the only way for this to work is to create the issue (and save) then add the email address, such that edit (ISSUE_UPDATED) fires to notify all, including the non-jira user. Even creating the issue completely and re-editing (or any action) will be enough to generate the related notification.

I do keep meaning to come back to JEMH-280 but keep getting diverted with new features etc, it is still on my list, I'll see what I can do to address this scenario.

Suggest an answer