JEMH doesn't import my mails

Stéphane Genin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to configure JEMH. The configuration is simple : I created a basic profile, with the following info :

Fallback Project = My project

Default Reporter Username = me

Issue Type : Bug

I configured a custom field default value

catch Email Address : the email address my JIRA instance is listening on

Non catch mail Match Action : Forward

Forward Users : me

All the rest is standard.

I send an email to the mailbox JIRA is listening on, and nothing happens. Nothing in the logs.

Any idea?

Thanks

Stéphane

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2013

Everything looks fine. I suspect something basic that prevents any mail from being retrieved. Confirm this by opening the JEMH Audit History (enable it if its disabled) and wait a while, if after 5 minutes you see NO activity, then no mail is being retrieved.

Do you have an inbound JEMH mail handler associated with an inbound mail server AND have selected an appropriate PROFILE? Next step is to validate that the credentials are valid (no service accoutns timeout, happens a lot) - verify this is/isnt a cause by enabling inbound mail DEBUG logging, check for your target server.

Stéphane Genin
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2013

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply. The problem was not in the JEMH configuration, but at the mail server level. We fixed it.

Stéphane

0 votes
Andy Brook
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2013

Everything looks fine. I suspect something basic that prevents any mail from being retrieved. Confirm this by opening the JEMH Audit History (enable it if its disabled) and wait a while, if after 5 minutes you see NO activity, then no mail is being retrieved.

Do you have an inbound JEMH mail handler associated with an inbound mail server AND have selected an appropriate PROFILE? Next step is to validate that the credentials are valid (no service accoutns timeout, happens a lot) - verify this is/isnt a cause by enabling inbound mail DEBUG logging, check for your target server.

Suggest an answer