JEMH configuration for email to be sent on EVENT

Sven Lecherbonnier June 16, 2013

Hi Guys !

I'm looking for a solution to send email on EVENT to an email address (already) store in a customfield.

Normally JEMH is doing the job but I have some difficulty to catch this field.

Currently I installed JEMH plugin setup and do this :

• only one specific project
    • Assign non jira-users Name to Text CustomField : mycustomername
    • Assign non jira-users Email to Text CustomField : mycustomeremail
    • Addressee Handling : toCustomField
    • Non JIRA account holder to a Text CustomField : mycustomeremail
  • New event created : sent to customer
  • Event "sent to customer" setup in a new "Issue Event Template Set"
  • Listener enable
    • new project mapping
    • project mapping settup on created "Issue Event Template Set"
  • New event added in the workflow transition

Tell me if I'm not clear !!!

Sven.

4 answers

0 votes
Winke Wieers July 24, 2015

JEMH.png

0 votes
itay cohen February 25, 2014

In the case of Jira-Notification - What sdo I need to choose in the configuration of the Notification:jira/non-jira/All/none?

0 votes
itay cohen February 25, 2014

In the case of Jira-Notification - What do I need to choose in the configuration of the Notification:jira/non-jira/All/none?

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2014

Depends, there are two approaches, the Notification: approach you mention is the simpler Profile driven route, only done for issue creation, nothing else. The more advanced Event Listener approach caters for all issue events:

Please read https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMH/Notifying+the+reporter+of+issue+creation

and for the 'full' approach using the Event Listener, be sure to go through:

- https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMH/Configure+JEMH+for+a+Helpdesk+environment+from+scratch

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2013

Hi Sven. If you have defined the custom event in JIRA, fire that event somehow, JEMH Issuelistener will pick it up, but in order to notify anyone a few things need to have been done:

1. You must have created an appropriate IssueEvent TemplateSet for the custom event. This can be done from blank, or you can create a different event type template, and just switch the event type after.

2. The ProjectMapping against which the event relates must refer to the above TemplateSet

3. For JIRA user Notifications, the Notification Scheme is what controls who gets what. If your event is not listed in your notification scheme (with roles attached?)

From your description you have done the required steps, what is the custom event ID? Have you enabled logging via JIRA System admin screen 'Logging and Profiling' (package is: com.javahollic.jira.emh). If any event is received, it should log various decision points during processing?

Winke Wieers July 24, 2015

Hi, I've followed your steps, but for some reason I only see the defaults mentioned under JEMH Event Mapping - Jira notifications of that project. Any idea why I don't see the custom templates I created under Template set and added in the project mapping? I created 2 templates: Issue resolved and Issue reopened, but they are not visible in the Project notifications list?! Thanks already

Suggest an answer