JEMH conditional workflow transition based on email content

Deleted user August 27, 2015

We have setup a workflow which implements an approval process.

We want to be able to transition between statuses in the workflow based on the email received from the supervising manager. 

When a developer requests for an approval process, the manager might approve or reject his request.

How do I transition to "Approved" or "Rejected" statuses in the Workflow by checking for the "Approved" or "Rejected" response in the email.

Below is the image of the transitions in the workflow and the profile.

approval_workflow.png

workflow steps.png

I have already implemented the JEMH profile.

workflow_advance.png

I am trying the transition from Approval Pending to Approved.

I am not able to figure out how to implement the regular expression to look for the "Approved" response in the email. So, whatever response in received in the email, the transition always goes to Approved.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Brook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2015

Hi, sorry for later answer, waay too much email ! 

I guess if you were able to to use the Regexp field processor, and can locate a value which you can be sure indicates a required transition, then, you can use JEMH Aliases to convert that into a valid transition.  The screenshot above is more about automatically transitioning issue status (eg from Resolved/Closed to Re-opened).  This is an area of JEMH that needs work, and will be done real soon, even so, a regexp based approach to get a 'transition' id would be one approach to try.  Looking at your workflow, you'd probably need to use the Id's, as 'Reopen' is used in two places.

Probably it would best to log a support call at jemh-support@thepluginpeople.com , along with a restatement of requirements, and an example email.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events