JEMH and Notification Assistant

Craig Fry March 3, 2014

NA will not work without a default notification scheme yet my JEMH setup sends duplicate emails if I have one enabled. How can I get these two to work together?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2014

How events trigger notifications

JIRA sends events in response to user actions (usually workflow) which are picked up by listeners, they all can generate notifications:

- JIRA Mail Listener -> notifications

- JEMH -> notifications

- NA -> notifications

- Any thing else -> notifications

JEMH and JIRA Mail Listener

There is no communiction between JIRA Mail Listener, JEMH or NA, they are clients to the event.

JEMH addresses the duplication of events from the Project by getting users to deselect the Notification Scheme, which nixes the JIRA Mail Listener, and gets users to reselect the Notification Scheme within JEMH.

NA and JEMH/JIRA Mail Listener

I cant really comment on what Riada does here, perhaps they will comment.

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2014

Further to this, currently, JEMH can be configured to respond to events on a per-project basis. One case is then that if the two addons 'usages' don't collide, there would be no contention.

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2020

You could create an empty notification scheme?

0 votes
Axcode April 3, 2014

Although, we haven't changed anything in NAFJ, there are a way of mixing the two plugins together. NAFJ only require one project to have the notification schema set. So if you have a project that doesn't use JEMH you are home safe. Create a dummy project in worst case...

0 votes
Axcode March 4, 2014

At this moment, NAFJ require a notification schema to be set, so if JEMH addresses the duplication of events by deselecting the notification schema (which make sense), we will have a problem mixing those two plugins. We will look into if we can implement a solution without configure a notification schema. I will let you know about any progress.

Suggest an answer