JEMH: add people cc:'d on an email to a custom field

Ashton Treadway February 3, 2013

Hi:

I know this is documented, but I apparently don't understand the documentation or, more likely, am just Not Getting It.

I want JEMH to add valid JIRA users who are cc:d on an email to a custom field (CC:) on the created issue. If someone can tell me, using small words and possibly pictures, where to configure this in JEMH, I'd appreciate it.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2013

Hi Ashton,

its also possible my doco is incoherent!

OK, so CC: specific functionality. JEMH origianlly processed CC addresses specifically, for watcher purposes and more. Invariably this caused confusion because non-technical uses did not know or care about the subtle difference between a to: addressee and a cc: as far as email going to JIRA was concerned. As a result, JEMH processing shifted to consider all addressees equally.

So, in order to add any JIRA users associated with any recipient email address, all you need to do is the following:

Configuration > Email > Addressee Processing > Addressee Handling : toWatcher

This is the default value, so should just work, except... In order to change watchers your remote JIRA user (or default Reporter) needs the MANAGE_WATCHERS jira project permission.

If you create a JEMH TestCase, faking up the addresses you want, when you run the TestCase, the result screen will show up any problems, eg the above.

Hope that helps?

Maya_Chase August 18, 2017

Thanks, I was having trouble figuring out where to change this setting. Small words appreciated. ;)

Suggest an answer