JEMH Project mapping is unable to find Project

Sivakumar Nalle September 25, 2013

Hi,

My requirement is to create a issue to a project based on the TO address of the email. SO i created project mapping and everything is working but, when i run the test case, it is showing the above error and creating the issue to the fallback project.

Unable to process field [project], its not a Project key or numeric ID. Falling back to defaults to find a project for the issue.

<dl><dt>Provided Value</dt><dd>430</dd></dl><dl><dt>Valid Values</dt><dd></dd></dl><dl><dt>Exception Stack</dt><dd><small>IssueProcessingException: fixupProject: com.javahollic.jira.emh.engine.IssueProcessingException: fixupProject at com.javahollic.jira.emh.engine.FieldProcessorFixer.fixupProject(FieldProcessorFixer.java:2494) at com.javahollic.jira.emh.engine.FieldProcessorFixer.fixup(FieldProcessorFixer.java:177) at com.javahollic.jira.emh.module.fieldproc.AbstractFieldProcessor.fixup(AbstractFieldProcessor.java:324) at com.javahollic.jira.emh.module.fieldproc.BasicMailProcessor.getFieldMaps(BasicMailProcessor.java:51) at com.javahollic.jira.emh.service.ProcessorRunner.runProcessor(ProcessorRunner.java:710) at com.javahollic.jira.emh.service.ProcessorRunner.execute(ProcessorRunner.java:321) at com.javahollic.jira.emh.service.EnterpriseMessageHandlerImpl.handleMessage(EnterpriseMessageHandlerImpl.java:247) at com.javahollic.jira.emh.ui.action.JEMHTestCases.doRun(JEMHTestCases.java:246) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at webwork.util.InjectionUtils$DefaultInjectionImpl.invoke(InjectionUtils.java:70) at webwork.util.InjectionUtils.invoke(InjectionUtils.java:56) </small></dd></dl><dl><dt>Significant?</dt></dl>

Here '430' is the Project key.

If created a seperate profile for the projects, then the issues are creating for all project.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2013

Hi, just getting to this after summit. So, JIRA 6.1 does not allow a numeric project key, you get:

You must specify a unique project key, at least 2 characters long, containing only uppercase letters.

Is this a legacy project?

Btw, there is a checkbox in the Project section: Project Auto Assign if you set that, the address will be scanned as a project key automatically, it may just work (I cant test right now as I can't create a project with a numeric key).

Suggest an answer