JEMH Only process from our domain @our-domain.com

Deleted user April 29, 2013

Is it possible to configure a JEMH profile to only process email addresses that end in

@mango-solutions.com

Everything else i would like it to drop, and delete from the mailbox.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2013

Within the project mapping you can define a domain mapping (a regex) for addresses to only process emails with matching addresses. I'm not sure if there is an option to drop emails which doesn't match.

Maybe @Andy Brook can help with the rest.

Henning

Im adding the following regex into that field, and clicking submit and its not saving?

.*@mango-solutions.com$

Every time i click submit, it deletes my change and i go back into to edit and its gone???

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2013

You first have to select a project and save the config (because JEMH has to load the matching field contents for that project), than edit the config again.

The profile is already created though, this is not a new profile. its been running for months im just adding this change and its not saving.

Andy Brook [another me] April 29, 2013

Adding a change and not saving indicates that a field has ben entered that exceeds what I'd anticpiated, generally in a 255character field.

Many fields have been expanded from initial 255char to TEXT, but changing the schema is not something that can happen automatically. I've documented necessary steps on the wiki, a few SQL commands and you should be good to go.

To locat the specific field causing the problem, disable and re-enable the plugin, this flushes the bad data. Edit your profile and change /save one field at a time, looking specifically for text content greater than 255 characters.

- https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMH/Common+Problems#CommonProblems-Configurationdoesn't'save'

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2013

Sorry, I 'm talkiing about the domain mapping config, not the whole profile.

Andy Brook [another me] April 29, 2013

Yes, Henning is right, its not a streamlined editing experience currently, flow is:

1. Edit Project

2. New Project Mapping, enter project Key, save. A new mapping is created.

3. On the Edit Project screen, Edit that Project Mapping.

4. Create a Domain/Group/Keyword mapping, and save. The new rule will be listed at the bottom of the Edit Project Mappings Screen.

Repeat 4 for new rules, use the navigation links to go back to the Configuration View at any time.

Cheers andy this worked and the field is now being populated, however the regex i entered did not stop me from sending a raising a ticket using a googlemail address.

Is the regex not correct?

.*@mango-solutions.com$

Thats much easier i did see that configuration but i wasnt sure adding to whitelist would auto block everything unless its in the whitespace.

Just done a test and it states a mail from googlemail.com was dropped, perfect.

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2013

Uh, ok. I thought you're talking about "addressees" and not senders. My fault :-)

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2013

The question as titled can be best accomplished by setting Whitelisting> Whitelist Senders as .*@mango-solutions.com The result of this is that everything else is blacklisted. If you tick 'Silently Drop Blacklist Matches?' then you should be done?

Project Mappings aren't for blacklisting they are for 'routing', once any whitelisting/blacklist has been done.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events