JEMH: Custom from email and from name

Michael Walser February 26, 2014

Dear support,

I have been searching the web for 2 days now. I cannont find a sulotions that seems to work. My situation is:

I use Jira 6.0, Service Desk 1.1.6 and Jemh 1.4.48. I am setting up a support system. I have managed to create a workflow and fire custom events and notify non-jira user and jira users (support personal) if either of them entered a comment on the issue. However my goal is to send "anonymous emails" to the non-jira users. I do not want the external person to know who the support user is. However Jira / Jemh always includes the name of the Jira user in the "From" value.

I have tried to set the fields "Custom From: email address" and "Custom From: email name part" in the JEMH profile -> Configuration -> Email settings. However it seems they are ignored. I found an support entry to use custom templates, which I did. However no success so far.

The From Address is populated with the default value configured in Jira -> Outgoing Mail Servers

Can you help me in configuring my system to send "anonymous" emails.

Kind Regards,

Michael

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2014

This will be a new feature in JEMH Event Listener Project Mappings. Give me a few days to implement.

- https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/browse/JEMH-2170

Suggest an answer