JEMH -- Configuring JIRA From Name

Marc Dworkin August 14, 2013

When Jira sends an email, its coming from "First Last (JIRA) <project@email.com> -- I see this set up in Settings->General->Email From

I would like to change the username to "First Last (PROJECTKEY)" <project@email.com>

Is that possible using JEMH?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2013

Hi Mark,

Making the personal part a dynamic value is interesting but not currently possible in JEMH. JEMH can currenty provide a 'static' override text value for the personal componet of outbound emails, something that JIRA Project level sender email address does not.

A simple way for this to occur is to treat the JEMH field ( Config > Email > Personal Custom from: email name part ) as a velocity template, so something like:

Support Site ($issue.getProjectObject().getKey())

Would then result in:

Support Site (ABC)

Being able to retain the 'name' of the user could be added allowing something like:

$changeUser ($issue.getProjectObject().getKey())

Anyway, I've logged https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/browse/JEMH-1607 and will implement this when I get time.

Marc Dworkin August 15, 2013

Thanks -- that would be great!

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2013
Marc Dworkin August 14, 2013

I do not see where you can set the email from name (as opposed the the address) using the ${fullname} syntax.

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 15, 2013

No, this cant be done in JIRA. You cannot replace the personal component of an email address with dynamiclly generated content.

Suggest an answer