JEMH - Can JEMH create attachment from e-mail text?

M January 12, 2014

Hi, we receive e-Mails with JEMH to create JIRA tickets. Within the e-mail text, there is huge text from logfiles. Can JEMH take parts of this text to a separate *.txt file as an attachment of the issue it creates? Thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2014

Its a nice idea, not currently implemented. How to know exactly where to start within the message content? JEMH can currently attach the 'original' content, mainly meaning HTML retains formatting. To do what you suggest would mean what with a HTML email, to take post-processed content and make an attachment out of it?

Some rules could be to set a size limit, eg 50 lines, of post processed content, if that is exceeded, perhaps the first paragraph is 'retained' with [...] added, and a wiki markup link to download the related extended content in the attachment?

Its a new feature for sure, logged @ https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/browse/JEMH-2002

0 votes
M January 15, 2014

marvellous, thank you!

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2014

np, please mark whichever answer was correct, thanks.

0 votes
M January 13, 2014

Hi, yes, I think that's what I meant, just process HTML-like.

We use a template like this to send e-mails to JIRA via JEMH. At the end of the message, we add the log protocol, starting with a tag like Log-Diary.

@issueType=Request

@priority=High

@Company= Customer

@CustomField=#$$Ticket-ID$$#

@description=whatever

Log-Diary:

part of the log-protocol ...

Would be nice, to have it although I am not sure, weather new versions of JEMH will be compatible to JIRA 5.1. I found no matrix on add-on-overview.

Thanks.

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2014

Hmm, well, potentially, something 'similar' to the bodyDelimiterRegexp could be added, allowing you to match on \nLog-Diary:\n , this and all following content could then be extracted and stored as an attachment. I'll add this to the issue.

Suggest an answer