JEMH - Assign through Email

Kenneth Chao October 23, 2013

Hi, I am simply looking for a plugin that will allow me to assign a ticket to another user by replying to the default notification email JIRA sends out. I happened across JEMH, but I do not need anything else in that package. I just need this one feature! Does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kenneth Chao November 8, 2013

It is shocking to me that this is not supported. Oh well. Thanks.

0 votes
Amir Katz (Outseer)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2019

The Jira add-on JEMH (Jira Enterprise Mail Handler) may be able to do that, I am checking.

0 votes
StevenA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2013

Hi Kenneth,

Refer to Mail Handler configurations, the CC Assignee option would automatically assign the issue created to a JIRA user. However, there is no plugin available to allow JIRA users assign tickets by replying to the default notification email.

You can raise a new feature request at: https://jira.atlassian.com and vote for it. In order to be implemented, it must meet certain levels according to our Implementation of new features policy.

If you are using JIRA StandAlone, you can contact our Global Expert to develop dedicated external plugins that can server your own requirements.

Best Regards

Steven

Suggest an answer