It's possible to view comment history?

Maria Almeida March 23, 2015

Hi there,

I'd like to give the permissions to users to edit their own comments but only if it's possible to have access to comment history.

If there are any change in the issue (editing for ie) I have access of the original value and new value , but this is not valid for comments.

I was quite sure this was available some days ago but it's not available any more. I only can see The word 'edited' displayed to indicate that the comment has been edited.

my question is if it's possible to have access to the comments history?

Regards

Maria

2 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2015

I'm afraid you need to keep "edit comment" and "delete comment" turned off for now.  JIRA does not (yet) log the history of comment changes.  It does have a flag to say "edited", but no more than that.

1 vote
Thomas Opiolka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2018

For Jira cloud, there is now a marketplace add-on called  [Comment History Log for Jira|https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219288/comment-history-log-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview] that allows to keep and review the history of comments. 

The history builds from the time the plugin is installed and will stay in sync automatically. 

Disclaimer: I'm the product manager of this add-on.

Robert Horan
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
August 18, 2020

Any chance of a server version?

Thomas Opiolka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2020

I believe there is already a server app available that solves that use case. That is the reason we don't plan to bring it to server. 

Suggest an answer