It's possible to use automatic SSO between JIRA et Confluence

Hello,

It's possible when I am connected to JIRA to connect to confluence automatically?

Application Links is configured between JIRA and Confluence.

I use the Remote Jira Directory in Confluence.

Thanks a lot for your reply,

Geoffrey

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

Not directly, you need some SSO software. The easiest one for these two is Crowd - you'll be able to import directly from Jira, tell Jira and Confluence to use Crowd instead of the Jira internal database and then tick the SSO flag.

Hello, @Nic Brough [Adaptavist], could you tell me if Crowd requires some sort of interaction with the local network user configurations?

I don't know what you mean by "local network user"?

Hi, I mean domain users. I was told that to use Crowd I'm supposed to integrated it with the AD configurations, which is something I wouldn't want to. I've tried to find an answer to this doubt, but I couldn't.

It'll work fine with domain users as they're pulled from AD.

However, there is a problem with the use of the "Domain Users" group.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

103 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you