It's possible to create a burndown chart with more than one project?

Diana Peixoto February 28, 2018

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to find a way to show a Sprint burndown chart (for example in the dashboard) with more than one project.
I have different projects in Jira but all of them are associated to the same Sprint number.
So, it's important my team know the sprint status, rather then the burndown chart per project.

Anyone help me?
Thanks a lot!

2 answers

1 vote
Steven Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2018
  • Create a query with all projects needed
  • Apply this filter to a report-only scrum board
  • ???
  • Profit
Diana Peixoto February 28, 2018

My filter:
project in (ProjA, ProjB, ProjC) AND Sprint in openSprints() ORDER BY created ASC

I created a new scrum board (with this filter) and it has all the active sprint projects.. But, i can't see the burndown chart with all projects, I need to select which project I want to see.

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2019

Hi @Diana Peixoto ,

You can do this with our Great Gadgets add-on (available for both Jira Server and Jira Cloud).

It offers a "Release Burndown Burnup" dashboard gadget that is based on a filter. All you have to do is to create a filter that includes the issues from all your teams/projects and configure the gadget to use it. This way you will have a cross-teams or cross-projects Burndown Chart.

For more details about how to configure it can be found in the add-ons documentation: https://bitbucket.org/StonikByte/great-gadgets-add-on/wiki/Home#!release-burnup-burndown-chart 

Danut. 

Suggest an answer