Ist there a macro to edit the whole pages as markdown like it was possible in earlier version?

hbehrendt January 21, 2020

Some times just when I work intensely with table I found i quite handy to edit the page in markdown instead fumbling around with the mouse trying to click exactly the right place to edit text.

Even more moving around rows was fairly easy this way and and has become close to impossible with today's std-editor.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2020

Hello @hbehrendt

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I see that you have tagged this issue as Jira, however, you mentioned pages in your question description. Just to make sure we are on the same page here, can you confirm that you are talking about the markdown format in the text fields of Jira? Or is this question about Confluence?

Also, could you provide us a practical example in a video or with screenshots displaying the exactly "bad behavior" you are seeing in the new editor and describing how you expected it to work?

If you are talking about Jira, I can confirm that the current renderer of text fields on issues(Comment, description, etc) is based on Markdown notation, however, it indeed does not render plan text tables inserted (see JRACLOUD-73062).

Anyway, you can still use the old Jira editor in Jira by simply clicking in your profile picture at the left-bottom corner > Settings > turn off the New issue view.

Let us know if you have any questions or if I have misunderstood you.

Suggest an answer