Issuetype order on project screen

Khanh Nguyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2013

What controls the order of the issue types on the project screens in Jira? It seems to be a random distribution of issue types and not reflecting the issue type order specified in the issuetype scheme.

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Tomberlin April 11, 2018

The Issue Type on a Create Issue form for any given Project is supposed to respect the order as provided in the Issue Type Scheme, which can be found to left on the Project side bar under Settings > Issue Types > Actions > Edit Issue Types. For Anonymous or Login Users this should be respected, with Login Users having their most recent Issue Type already selected. This appears to work if you already have your company's JIRA site up in a web browser (as either user) and you create the issue using the Create Issue button or plus (+). 

However, I am running into the issue where the order is NOT being respected when I try to access the Create Issue form for a Project using a very simple direct HTML link feature that is unfortunately no longer supported. I put in a ticket and a feature request has been made to support this feature again, so please click here and click Vote for this issue at the right of this issue profile so it can be supported again. 

It's great to be able to supply your staff with a simple shortcut link for them to quickly and easily submit issues to a project where staff is testing a software upgrade. Especially when staff tends to forget to change projects and issue types when creating an issue.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2013

As far as I can see the order of the dropdown in your create issue screen reflects the order given in your issue type scheme... What do you mean by oroject screens? A filter gadget? I would guess those are ordered by the issue type ID...

Khanh Nguyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2013

This list from the project screen (located oat the top right of screen) will randomly change from time to time -- it does not respect issuetype order.

Suggest an answer