Issues with the left navigation in the new JIRA design

Rina Henderson January 10, 2018

We are experiencing odd behavior with the left navigation, so much so that many of our devs have turned off the new design.

I like the new design, but I have to shift refresh to see the left nav. Otherwise, it either doesn't show, or it shows in a preload placeholder design. This happens when I search or navigate away from a ticket.... basically any time the page has a refresh (maybe it's just trying to refresh parts of the page, as in a SPA, instead of full page refresh, but not sure).

Using Chrome Version 63.0.3239.84 (Official Build) (64-bit)

JIRA-leftnavigation.png

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2018

Hi Rina,

• Does this happen in any other browsers?

The first thing I would do is put Chrome in Incognito mode and see if the issue persists.  If it does not then I would disable any browser extensions you have and then re-enable them one by one to see if the issue persists.

Since it appears this is a Cloud instance, once you try that let me know the results and we'll go from there.

Cheers,

Branden

Rina Henderson January 12, 2018

Thanks for the reply!

I haven't had time to disable plugins yet, but Incognito mode definitely helps. I've not seen the issue again since using it a couple days in that mode.

Does that suggest there's a plugin conflict? If so, when that happens, does Atlassian attempt to address the conflict with their own code, or I, as a Chrome user, would simply have to disable or remove said plugin(s) in order to get the proper experience of JIRA?

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2018

Hi Rina,

If you don't see the issue in Incognito mode I would start by disabling the browser plugins one by one first to identify which one may be the culprit as it appears it may be an issue with the browser and not the JIRA add-ons.

If you don't see any change when you disable the browser plugins then you can disable the JIRA add-ons and test.

Cheers,

Branden

What, specifically, would be the JIRA add-ons?

I have disabled all Chrome extensions, restarted Chrome, and made sure there are no updates.

In normal browser mode, I still experience the issue with the left nav. In Incognito mode, it works as expected. So, not sure what's causing the issue between the two mode.

Suggest an answer