Issues with "lost user link" after upgrade to Jira 6.1.1

Chris Leesch October 17, 2013

Hello!

We have recently upgraded our Jira instance from 5.2 to 6.1.1.

A lot of our issues (open and closed) now have the problem that their "Assignee" and "Reporer" fields are not linked to a user account anymore. However, the correct username is still displayed in the respective fields - if I edit the field, the username is immediately resolved to the correct user but until then it only displays the username with a question mark as the user picture.

The users are stored in an external LDAP directory.

I tried changing a user's username and then back again to see if that triggered some kind of re-linking, but no.

Is there any way to bulk resolve the usernames of these issues?

Thank you,

Chris

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Leesch October 29, 2013

The solution to this problem has been found by Joe Wai Tye of the support team (thanks!):

------------

Hi Chris,

After doing some more digging, I found a KB which I believe is related to the situation that you are facing, which you can find here - Username is Displayed in Issue View Page After Upgrade JIRA.

Please check it out, and try to implement the resolution steps mentioned there. I would like to emphasize on the 2nd step of the resolution steps, that is create a database backup before attempting the rest of the steps, as the steps there involve database queries.

Cheers,
Joe

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2013

Hi Chris,

Have you tried doing a re-index or a restart of your application?

This might just be an indexing or caching problem.

Best regards,

Peter

Chris Leesch October 17, 2013

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately, both re-indexing annd restarting didn't help.

Best Regards,

Chris

Suggest an answer