We have recently upgraded our Jira instance from 5.2 to 6.1.1.
A lot of our issues (open and closed) now have the problem that their "Assignee" and "Reporer" fields are not linked to a user account anymore. However, the correct username is still displayed in the respective fields - if I edit the field, the username is immediately resolved to the correct user but until then it only displays the username with a question mark as the user picture.
The users are stored in an external LDAP directory.
I tried changing a user's username and then back again to see if that triggered some kind of re-linking, but no.
Is there any way to bulk resolve the usernames of these issues?
The solution to this problem has been found by Joe Wai Tye of the support team (thanks!):
After doing some more digging, I found a KB which I believe is related to the situation that you are facing, which you can find here - Username is Displayed in Issue View Page After Upgrade JIRA.
Please check it out, and try to implement the resolution steps mentioned there. I would like to emphasize on the 2nd step of the resolution steps, that is create a database backup before attempting the rest of the steps, as the steps there involve database queries.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG