Issues with Created vs Resolved gadget

Anuj July 31, 2017

I have a created vs Resolved gadget added on my dashboard. But, the graph only works for issues created. For issues, that have been resolved, there is no change in the graph. I am using JIRA 7.2.

Is there something that I have missed or overlooked? Appreciate your suggestions.

JIRA_ChartIssue.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

My guess is that you are not resolving the issues.

For an issue to be resolved, you must set a resolution.  Even if you don't want to use it, you need to set (and clear) the resolution, or all sorts of things in JIRA don't work properly.

• Look at your workflow
  • Decide which transitions go from an "open" status to a "closed" one (often, but not always, that will be a transition from a blue or yellow status to a green one).  Either
    • Use a post function to set it
    • Make sure the transition has a "screen", one that has the resolution field on it
    • If your workflow is "simplified", you will find a tick box to set the resolution on status.
  • Decide which transitions go the other way and put a "clear field: resolution" post-function on them
Anuj August 1, 2017

Hi Nic, thanks for the reply.

I believe the workflow is fine. I had a look at the screens though. The yellow status goes to green and the screen is 'Resolve issue screen'. PFA its configuration. Do I need to edit anything more here?

ResolveIssueScreen.png

I created a post function and to set the resolution of the issue to Done. But thats not working either.

PostFunction.png

Have I missed anything?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2017

Both of those look correct, although you should use one or the other (if you use both, the users will select a resolution and have it overwritten by the post function)

But we need to be clear on what is "not working".  Can you try transitioning an issue through the transition you have added them to, and check the resolution is set on that issue afterwards?

Anuj August 3, 2017

I just noticed that there isnt a resolution field on the issue once it completes the tranistion (resolve screen and post function still exist). How can I configure it?

IssueScreen.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 3, 2017

You haven't gone through a transition that has either the screen or post-function you have added.

I suspect you may not have configured the workflow correctly, configured the project to use it, or you've forgotton to publish the draft

Anuj August 19, 2017

Thanks Nic! I missed out on publishing draft! I am now able to see the resolution field on the screen with the date.

Suggest an answer