Issues visible to specific groups

charlie brown September 10, 2014

We have multiple customers using the same project. We have 2 users per customer and are looking into a way to only allow users of the same group to see the issues created by any person in the same group. In other words, we take customer 1 with user A and user B both assigned to group 1 for that customer. When either user A or B creates an issue, we want only those users in that group to be able to see the issues created. Is there a way to do this?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2014

Hi Charlie,

I think Issue-Security Level is the function you are looking for. With this, you can configure levels through which user based entities do or do not have visibility over issues. This can be individual users, user groups, project roles and entities such as reporter or assignee, and custom user picker fields

0 votes
charlie brown September 19, 2014

Hi Mick,

I am not sure what I am missing. I have the 2 users (UAL and UAL2) both assigned to the group "UAL".  I have created an issue with each user and have assigned the security level to the group UAL for both issues.

No matter which user I am logged in as, they can only see the issue they created and not both issues assigned to the group via the security level.

Suggest an answer