Issues that aren't browseable show up in filters?

Ralph Callaway February 9, 2014

I've been trying out some workflow properties to hide issues from user's before they're ready to be worked on. I've got the permissions working correctly and user's aren't able to browse to issue in the desired status, however the issues are still showing up in filters.

Is this expected behavior that users can see issues they can't browse in filters? Is there another workflow property I can use to hide them in filters as well? Or should I be looking at a different approach for this ...

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2014

That's because "hiding issue by status" is not really supported, or even supportable. So, yes, I'd expect this behaviour.

Searches work off the index, which deals with permissions and security scheme, but does NOT index workflow properties (because they aren't generally of any use in a search, and if you start mucking with workflows, you suddenly have potentially massive re-indexing problems). So, searches have no way to know that you've done something unexpected in the workflow and hence report the issues as being there.

There's no real useful way to fix this, it's simply not supported (and, frankly, not really that useful in a tool intended for collaberation and sharing)

Suggest an answer