Issues tab panel blank for a Project

Nir Zolotorevsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2013

We have a Jira project where I have issue types and a workflow for these issue types.(My issue types are Bug and Doc)
Now I have defined new sub-task issue type with it's own workflow, issue type scheme, screen and field configuration.(My new issue subtask type is Indicator).
When I add to my "Bug" type issue new sub-task from type indicator, Issues panel becomes blank for project summary.
Everything else works fine. I can see,edit and delete both the Bug and it's Indicators sub-task. I can see in the Bug screen my indicator sub-task.
In my quest to solve the problem I have tried to disable all plugins but that didn't help.
I have found out that if I run system reindex (which takes plenty of time) the problem is solved and I can see Issues panel with my subtasks but once I create a new Indicators sub-task it turns blank again until reindex again.
Running reindex each time after inserting new sub-task is not reasonable solution.

Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nir Zolotorevsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2013

I have open support ticket for the Attlassian support and they have provided me a workaround for this problem:

Issues tab empty under Browse project

Workaround provided solved our problem.
After we add component field to a screen everything works fine and we can see Issues panel.
It's not neat solution because component field which is not relevant to this screen can confuse end users but it works.

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2013

I would suggest to create a support issue for the Atlassian Support. No idea what it could be. Sorry.

Henning

0 votes
Nir Zolotorevsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2013

no I don't have any errors in atlassian-jira.log

last log entry was 10 days ago.

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2013

Did you get any log file messages?

Suggest an answer