Issues sent to our support email take hours to appear as issues in Jira

James Bailey September 5, 2013

We have a Jira instance with one project we use as a service desk. User email "servicedesk@ourcompany.com" with issue where some one in our team triages the issue and sends it to the relevant team or individual. However it can take anything up to 2-3 hours for a ticket to appear and up to an hour for updates to that ticket to appear as watcher notifications. Any idea what is going on. Our SMTP service is Google if that helps.

Jim

2 answers

0 votes
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2013

Hi there,

I have created a knowledge base on troubleshooting related problem link below, see if you are able to identify what is the root cause and work around it?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Notification+Mail+Slow+to+Arrive+or+Having+Huge+Delay

Hope this helps, let me know how this goes :) cheers

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2013

What's the delay on the service that creates the JIRA issues?

James Bailey September 5, 2013

Around 2-3 hours, ticket goes via google apps and the email turns up in our inbox almost instantly but the ticket isn't created until 2-3 hours later.

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2013

I think the question is, in which intervall runs the email handler in JIRA? You could look that up by typing gg, than "Mail Handler" and than open the incoming mail administration section. Take a look at the "Delay" of the configured mail handler.

Suggest an answer