Issues sending mail with JIRA automation

Gernot January 9, 2018

Hi,

We are using Jira Automation within the Service desk (Server) and unfortunately for some reason sometimes the Automation doesn´t start.

For example if someone  comments an issue (Service desk agents) the "Status" does not change and / or no mail sent.

No entries within the log file - so it Looks like the Automation could not start or something like that.

Did anyone els experience such issues with the Automation function?

Thanks,
Gernot

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2018

I've run into a similar situation before. In my case, it was because my user account was being considered as both an agent user and customer user. My automation rule's "if" statement was based on whether or not the user was an agent - the rule was likely thinking I was a customer user, while the rule should have triggered because I was an agent in the Service Desk project. I'm still relatively new to Service Desk, but I believe this can happen when:

• You have agent access to the project, but are listed as an Assignee on the ticket.
  • You have agent access to the project, but are listed as Request Participant on the ticket.

At the very least, this might be worth checking out. Can you post more details about the automation rule you configured?

Gernot January 9, 2018

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately it´s not the configuration of the automation rule itself. The main issue is, that the Automation actually does not start.

Regards,
Gernot

Gernot January 9, 2018

Hi again,

We have now been able to identify our issue.

See link below

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-5535

Regards,
Gernot

Suggest an answer