Issues permission - all users can work on all issue

Alberto Begliardo May 24, 2016

Hi,

I have to create a new user that can view only one project and work only on it.

I created a new user, deleted the default group (jira-users), created a new group (group-1) view application access permission, assigned this new group to user, then I add group-1 to user project permission.

When I test this configuration logging in with the new user it can see all the project, working on all issue, edit all issue description etc..etc..

The new user have only the group-1 group, all projects have jira-users on the user project permission.

Maybe the problem is the Issue-level Security, I haven't configure it! 

I'm doing something wrong? I can't understand why this user have a user-level project access while only one project have group-1 selected.

1 answer

1 vote
Damien Braz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2016

Hi Alberto, 

Absolutely, Issue-level Security allow you to control who can see individual issues within a project (subject to the project's permissions).

You can look how to configuere Issue-level Security.

Best regards, Damien.

Alberto Begliardo May 25, 2016

Ok I created a new simple  issue security schema

Schermata del 2016-05-25 12:22:50.png

can I assign a issue security schema to all my actual issues?

I can't find a settings to specify view, edit, close permission to security level, is in an other section?

Damien Braz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2016

Hi Alberto, 

The settings to specify view, edit or close are present in 'permission schemes'.

https://{JiraAcess}/secure/admin/ViewPermissionSchemes.jspa

Did you follow all the point presented in this page

You will see how to assign it in a project and how to edit settings smile

Come back to me if you still have a request smile

Suggest an answer