Issues pasting images into JIRA now that attach screenshot option is gone in latest version of JIRA.

a594141 April 11, 2017

2 - Copy.png

Now that the Attach Screeshot option is gone I am sometimes having issues with pasting images into my JIRA defects. Frequently I paste an image - which appears to work and then on save I get

"unable to render embedded object: file (image blah.png) not found.

Unable to render embedded object: File (image-2017-04-06-10-43-10-747.png) not found. If I then try and add a new comment to paste the image into (which would be horribly untidy anyway) am not able to paste anything at all! Which means I willhave to save the image to desktop then attach a file, making my whole defect logging process much more inefficient than just having the option to add a screenshot.

3 answers

0 votes
Vladimir Cech August 14, 2017

This defect is already in 7.2.7 and browser independent.

0 votes
GraniteStateColin July 18, 2017

I came here because I experienced this issue in Edge. After reading the work-around, I see the same problem in Opera, which should use the same render engine as Chrome. I then tried Firefox... same error. I was trying to add it to the same comment field that had originally experienced the error in Edge, if that matters. But at least for now, as far as I can tell, this error is browser independent in JIRA 7.3.6.

0 votes
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2017

Hi, I believe this is now a reported bug in Jira 7.3.   Atlassian changed the editor dialog box to include a visual and text based message.  

This bug shows up in Edge and IE.  However, Chrome and Firefox do not have this issue.

If you want to copy and paste using edge and IE change your text edit mode to "Text" and then paste as normal to work around this.  textedit.gif

Suggest an answer