Issues pasting images into JIRA now that attach screenshot option is gone in latest version of JIRA.

2 - Copy.png

Now that the Attach Screeshot option is gone I am sometimes having issues with pasting images into my JIRA defects. Frequently I paste an image - which appears to work and then on save I get

"unable to render embedded object: file (image blah.png) not found.

Unable to render embedded object: File (image-2017-04-06-10-43-10-747.png) not found. If I then try and add a new comment to paste the image into (which would be horribly untidy anyway) am not able to paste anything at all! Which means I willhave to save the image to desktop then attach a file, making my whole defect logging process much more inefficient than just having the option to add a screenshot.

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi, I believe this is now a reported bug in Jira 7.3.   Atlassian changed the editor dialog box to include a visual and text based message.  

This bug shows up in Edge and IE.  However, Chrome and Firefox do not have this issue.

If you want to copy and paste using edge and IE change your text edit mode to "Text" and then paste as normal to work around this.  textedit.gif

I came here because I experienced this issue in Edge. After reading the work-around, I see the same problem in Opera, which should use the same render engine as Chrome. I then tried Firefox... same error. I was trying to add it to the same comment field that had originally experienced the error in Edge, if that matters. But at least for now, as far as I can tell, this error is browser independent in JIRA 7.3.6.

This defect is already in 7.2.7 and browser independent.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

106 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you