Issues only visible to Product Managers before opening them to everyone?

I'm looking for help on how to configure my JIRA instance so that :

• Anyone can report issues, but only product managers can 'onboard/discuss/prioritize' those issues and only then put them up on Product or Sprint backlogs. During the process of deciding what goes into the backlogs no one outside the PM group can see the discussions happening on those issues; or in some cases issues added in by the PM's are not made open till such time they actually make it to the publicly visible backlogs.

The reason I need this is that there will be some discussions around issues that have wider impact, affecting other customers that we don't want to name openly but certainly have discussions within the PM group about. Or we don't want to openly share discussions around product strategy.

What are some good ways to tackle this?

1 answer

You can do this using issue level security. When an issue is created set its security level with a workflow post function. Until it is set to another security level with a transition they won't be public. You can check this document https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configuring-issue-level-security-185729623.html

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,711 views 17 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you