Issues only visible to Product Managers before opening them to everyone?

Kirit Basu September 22, 2015

I'm looking for help on how to configure my JIRA instance so that :

• Anyone can report issues, but only product managers can 'onboard/discuss/prioritize' those issues and only then put them up on Product or Sprint backlogs. During the process of deciding what goes into the backlogs no one outside the PM group can see the discussions happening on those issues; or in some cases issues added in by the PM's are not made open till such time they actually make it to the publicly visible backlogs.

The reason I need this is that there will be some discussions around issues that have wider impact, affecting other customers that we don't want to name openly but certainly have discussions within the PM group about. Or we don't want to openly share discussions around product strategy.

What are some good ways to tackle this?

1 answer

0 votes
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2015

You can do this using issue level security. When an issue is created set its security level with a workflow post function. Until it is set to another security level with a transition they won't be public. You can check this document https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configuring-issue-level-security-185729623.html

Suggest an answer