Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Issues of users being watchers are missing

Hello all,
I am currently facing the problem that I do not get back some operations that I search via the following query:

created >= 2020-12-30 AND created <= 2021-12-22 AND (watcher in (user1, user2, user3) OR creator in (user1, user2, user3))

I notice that both I and my colleague do not see all tasks, even though we have administrator rights. This is only about issues of a project in which users are only registered as watchers and not as authors.

Has anyone ever noticed similar problems. What else could limit it? in other projects i get all tasks only in one specific case i am missing 3-4 tasks in the jql.

Thank you in advance. 

1 answer

Hi Tobias!

That’s entirely possible. If the permission scheme of the project does not include browse permission for jira-administrators and you or the project owner has not assigned yourself to a role that has browse permission, then you won’t see them. 

I would recommend having the jira-admin group in the browse permission of all permission schemes.

edit: I assumed you had global admin rights, but are you referring to project or global admin rights?

Hi @Wouter Bruinings

jira-admin group is already assigned to the permission scheme, so this could not be the reason. 

But I found the permission which is necessary to get the mentioned issues. It is this setting: Permission.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you