Issues of one board (separate project) made visible in other boards (different projects) - how to

Katharina Kluge December 9, 2019

I have a support board and want it's issues made visible in the different existing "working boards" of the different teams.

I read already that a specific filter needs to be installed, BUT the descriptions I got in this community doesn't fit to my jira...  e.g. I don't have the menu "Issues and Filters", also don't have the drop down "Find projects" etc. 

Do I need to be the admin of the project with the working boards?

Furthermore, is it necessary to have the same workflow for each board? -to have the same columns in the Kanban board?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Laycy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2019

Hi Katharina, 

Workflows are project specific, so the issues from that project will have the same workflow transitions and statuses available, wherever they're displayed.

Board columns are board specific, and not tied to the workflow so you could have a different column setup on one project and choose to only display certain statuses, or display them in a different order.

You're best bet may be to copy the original board (an admin will need to do this) and then move the copy into the new project. That way, you'll retain all of the same board settings. 

Documentation on copying a board can be found here.

- Alex

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2019

@Katharina Kluge , can you share an image of the board where you want the issue to appear? If it is a default board that comes with a project you cannot configure it. However if it is a classic Kanban board where you can select Board settings then you can edit the filter defining the the board so that it includes the desired issues. If it is a default board you can create a classic board and include in the sidebar and share with others.

Katharina Kluge December 9, 2019

Thanks for helping in advance. This is a screenshot of the board

Katharina Kluge December 11, 2019

Screenshot Board.PNG

Katharina Kluge December 11, 2019

Hi @Jack Brickey , what does "if it is a default board that comes with a project" mean? See the screenshot above - this is the board where we would like to include issues from another board in another project (it's a board with support tickets). Thank you so much for your help. Katharina

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2019

Hi @Katharina Kluge , some boards are not configurable. If your board is configurable (board > board settings) then you can edit the filter to include other projects’s issues. If it is not configurable I recommend creating a new Kanban board from a filter that represents your needs.

Suggest an answer