Issues not closing when resolution selected

DarrenS October 8, 2013

I have a transition set to Done. I have a resolution screen that shows and allows users to select a resolution and the issue is set to done. But it does not close and does not show as strikethrough. What properties do I need to set for that status to allow for appropriate update?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
DarrenS October 17, 2013

Issue was caused by us not having a column set up for the tasks to move to upon completion. As Jira uses the Resolution field to indicate closure, we assumed this would also be the case for Jira Agile. But, in Jira Agile, the issue is not considered complete until it is located in the right most column on the work column. We were using that view to track progress of parent issues, and not sub-tasks below those issues. Once we added the sub-tasks also, we were able to close the sprint.

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2013

Jira version? Greenhopper/Agile, yes/no? Are you using a custom workflow or ...?

DarrenS October 8, 2013

Jira version is Atlassian JIRA v6.1-OD-09-WN.

We are using Greenhopper, but are not setting status through a kanban board.

We do have a simple custom workflow in place. We move to a Done status. I use a resolution screen in the Done transition. I used the Done status that is the Jira provided status. I get to the Done status, have a resolution set in the resolution field, but the item is still showing as open (will not allow me to close a sprint and does not show with a strikethrough).

I have custom workflow for sub-tasks also. It is working. I have confirmed that there are no open sub-tasks. There is no remaining estimate time on the sub-tasks for the issues.

Suggest an answer