Issues missing after migration of SQL Database and JIRA to new server

Graftek Imaging January 9, 2013

JIRA v5.1.1

Confluence 4.3

MySQL 5.5

I set up a new server (test server) with the exact same version of JIRA and MySQL, as well as confluence. I then dumped the SQL databases from the old server and imported them on the new server. I also copied the following folders/files from the old server and overwrote the new servers files:

C: Program Files Atlassian Application Data JIRA data

C: Program Files Atlassian Application Data JIRA structure

C: Program Files Atlassian JIRA atlassian-jira images

C: Program Files Atlassian Application Data JIRA dbconfig.xml

C: Program Files Atlassian Application Data Confluence confluence.cfg.xml

C: Program Files Atlassian Application Data Confluence config

C: Program Files Atlassian Application Data Confluence index

Then, I started JIRA and Confluence and install plugins. Everything appears to be running properly except that I no longer have all my issues in JIRA. Oddly, 3 very old issues show up, but no other issues are present. The users, projects, greenhopper sprints, etc. are correctly pulled from the SQL database, but the issues are not.

I have investigated the contents of the SQL database and it does contain all the issues.

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Graftek Imaging January 10, 2013

The issue was resolved by reindexing.

Marcos Gonzalez August 12, 2020

You saved my day!

1 vote
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013

Can you check if the new database has the issues or not? If so there's an issue with the database import. I would start with this.

The database was fine

1 vote
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

Please make sure that you are not using the same SQL database for test and production instances.

If you are indeed using different databases, make sure that dbconfig.xml is pointing to the test database and not the production database.

Rahul

It is a new database. I didn't change dbconfig because it pointed to localhost and I created the new db on the new host to be identical to the old.

Suggest an answer