Issues install sample jira plugin for OnDemand

Michael Greenberg August 13, 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to to walk through this sample https://developer.atlassian.com/static/connect/docs/guides/getting-started.html

But I cant install this for my local instance. When I do my local jira returns:

The add-on you are trying to install is only available for Atlassian OnDemand. See our documentation for more information.

What am I doing wrong ? Am I not able to write OnDemand plugin through a local instance. If I cant do that how would I go about developing a plugin for OnDemand ?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2014

You're not doing anything wrong, other than trying to install a Connect plugin on a Server version.

Connect plugins only work on Cloud/OnDemand so far.

Michael Greenberg August 13, 2014

Thanks Nic...So what is the best to do development for OnDemand plugins ? I definitely dont want to this on current OnDemand instance we use.

David Alpert May 2, 2015

Why do the Getting Started docs linked to above suggest installing the hello world sample addon into the locally running (via the SDK) JIRA version if it cannot be done?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2015

It can be done - the version the SDK spins up accepts Connect plugins. What has happened here is an attempt to install a Connect plugin on a local installation, rtather than a cloud or cloud dev instance.

David Alpert May 3, 2015

I got the same reply from the version my SDK spun up: The add-on you are trying to install is only available for Atlassian OnDemand. See our documentation for more information. Is there a specific configuration setting for the SDK or SDK startup procedure to enable the acceptance of installation via an atlassian-connect.json manifest like the Getting Started docs say?

Suggest an answer