Issues in To Do disappearing on enabling Kanban backlog

Alex Lee November 24, 2020

Hi, I've tried searching for an answer to this but it seems I can't locate the exact issue.

I am setting up my Jira board and have enabled the Kanban Backlog by putting a status of "Backlog" for issues to map to it when moved there. I seem to be having an issue though that when I do this the issues that are in "To Do" don't appear on my Kanban board.

Board filter is project = "x" and component = "y" and issuetype = Epic ORDER BY created ASC

Any adviceDisappearing issues.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2020

Hello, @Alex Lee ! 

Welcome to the Community! You makes right decision to write here, we will try to help you=) 

Do you use Jira Software Cloud or Server? 

Have you already checked board's sub-filter? (Board-> Configure -> General -> Kanban board sub-filter).

For more information you can visit the official documentation.

Alex Lee November 24, 2020

Hi @Alexander Bondarev 

Sub filter is as follows: fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY and I believe that we are using Jira server

Thanks for your response!

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2020

Is it correct for your 13 issues in "To Do"-status?

Alex Lee November 25, 2020

I'm not sure I understand your question @Alexander Bondarev

If I remove the Kanban backlog (by removing the Backlog status from it) then my issues reappear (see image)

What I am trying to achieve is the ability to move epics into a backlog and only have the ones that I am working on over a given period on the Kanban board as I have a large project that will contain more than 13 epics and I only want to focus in on the next few items rather than seeing all of them on the board!Theyappear.jpg

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2020

Have you tried removing the sub-filter?
This probably will be enough to make it work:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-software-kanban-board-does-not-show-all-issues-779158700.html

Suggest an answer