Issues downloading puchased plugins from my.atlassian - directed to 'free trial' or 'buy it now'

Wendy Thomas October 8, 2013

I am logged into my atlassian and want to upgrade a plugin - for example say 'JIRA Timesheets'. I click on the link that says download and it takes me to the marketplace. There are only two options available to me - 'try it for free' and buy it 'now'. We have a license, and there is no clear way for me to download the .jar for upload to our corporate hosted instance

We cannot use UPM to download updates - So we need to download the files. How can I do this. This has only happened in the last few weeks, It does look like the marketplace has been updated, so I would guess that it is somethng to do with that...

This is affected both JIRA and Confluence plugins

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Symons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2013

Try this...

• Navigate to your plugin's page on Marketplace
  • Click on "Version History"
  • Click on "See all xx versions"
  • Mouse-over the version that you are interested in... you should see a download link (and "buy" and "try" links).

Thanks Mark - thats seems great and works. I am assuming that version history gives all the latest plugin?

Mark Symons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2013

Each plugin has its own version history page and on each of these pages, the latest version will be at the top (ignoring any "OnDemand" listing).

Every version should have a separate download link (visible via the mouse-over)

Note also that if you click on any individual line in the listings then it will expand to display release notes for that version. Useful if you are (say) planning to roll back to an older version and need to be sure you are grabbing the right download from amongst many.

Editorial comment.... personally, I think that the new UI for Marketplace is dreadful. I really do not like it at all. I'm not surprised you struggled to find what you wanted.

By the way, now that you've found the download links, remember to accept the answer above by clicking on the "tick" button. =)

0 votes

thanks again.

Suggest an answer